Race Director Jim DiMatteo:
"It is frustrating because the pilots want to race, but in aviation the weather plays a huge role and these things happen. These guys will be motivated and ready to go tomorrow.”
Due to unfavourable weather conditions, the Race Committee has taken the decision to cancel the Challenger Cup flying session in the Red Bull Air Race in Budapest on Sunday.Instead, a Free Practice Session for the Challengers will be scheduled. Currently the Free Practice will go ahead at 12:45pm if weather permits.
NEWS UPDATE: Confirmation that the pre-race calibration flight will take place over the Danube at 13.50 local time
NEWS UPDATE: Announcement that Master Class Round of 14 is planned to start at 14.15 local time
ARE YOU READY???
Another slight delay in proceedings... a weather window is around the corner so please stay with us!